2013, Volume 2, Issue 1, Pages 31-40
Abstractrooms. Archives of cuneforms tablets were found in both palaces, but library of Ashurbanipal forms an universal epigraphic sources for current
knolleged Mesopotamian history. The excavation taken place in the beginning of the last century by L. King , C. thompson and M. Mallowan explored the chronology of Kuyngik:
1. 6000 B.C first settlement of Nineveh (NI).
2. 3 rd. and 2nd. millinya B.C ,Nineveh is a religious center.
3. 9th century B.C ,large architectural projects starte in Nineveh with the rise of Assyrian power.
4. the last settlement at Nineveh are abouned 612 B.C. with Nineveh, the capital of the Assiryian empire there are two Tells, Kuynjik and Nabi Yunis. Of these only Kuynjik has been explored, because there is a Muslm shrine detected to profet Nabi Yunis on the top of the site. A majer site of particular importans to those interest in archaeolojg of northern Iraq.1820, Nineveh is mapped by British archaeolojgiest Rich ,and started excavation in a small scale at kuynjik.1843 E. Botta Frinich, started his investigation at the upper level of Kuynjik. 1845-51, the palace of Sennachreeb is discovered by A. layared and H Rassam, which comprised at least 80
5. Nineveh decline although occupation of the site continued throught the Selucid and Parthian period.
University of Mosul colledge of Archacology started excavation at Kuynjik October 2011.
- Article View: 209
- PDF Download: 85